Thursday, September 21, 2017

GIS & Cartography

This lab focused on mapping skills using GIS software.  There was some learning reinforcement of different tools like the essential elements as well as using inset maps.  Also so additional advanced features like highlighting within the inset what region we are focused on as well as adding the raster maps to the mix.  Personally for this lab I would say that the maps will speak more than I could ever do, so here they are. 


Map 1 shows the states of Mexico and what the population is in each state


Map 2 focused more central Mexico and brought in the elements of roads, rivers, railways, and major urban areas


Map 3 simply shows the topography of Mexico using a red (low land) to yellow (high land) color range

As I preface everything, if the colors seem off, please let me know in a constructive comment as I am color blind and what makes sense to me most likely doesnt make sense to most others.  If it works, great, if not, suggestions are always welcome.  

And with that, I will end this post.  Happy GISing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment