Friday, January 12, 2018

Hello Fellow Computer Cartographers! I'm Jason!

Hello Everybody!

As the title says, I'm Jason and I will be joining you all in this fun mapping experience we are about to embark upon.  A little about myself: I am 38 years old, married, and have two kids (ages 14 & 10).  I have a BS in Computer Science and I am working on a second BS in Environmental Management.  This second degree is just buying time as I work through the application process for the Master's program in GIS Administration.  During my 20+ years in the work force I have worked in metal injection molding (we made small metal parts), I have been an officer in the Marine Corps (recently left the reserves as a Major), and since I left the active duty Marine Corps I have been working as a consultant with Booz Allen Hamilton where I have been on contract with the Navy for the last 4 years doing cyber security. 

This will be my third/fourth GIS related course that I have/am taking here at UWF.  Last semester I completed Intro to GIS and Photo Interpretation/Remote Sensing.  This semester I am of course in this cartography course and am also taking GIS Management (an approved Master's level course). 

My main goal right now is to execute a career transition from cyber security to that of forest management with the US Forest Service.  This is the main reason as to why I am back in school while still working a full time job to support my family. 

Adjectives that describe me: stubborn, determined, goal minded.

Below is my Story Map.  You will see that I have been a few places in the world, some are pictured in the map, some are not.  I have also been all over the USA.  If you like what you see or have any questions about me or where I have been, comment below!


Story Map: http://arcg.is/2r3nwTG

No comments:

Post a Comment