Sunday, January 28, 2018

Getting My Fingers Wet in Adobe Illustrator

This week's module had us get into Adobe Illustrator.  This was a first for me and took some time getting around all the ins and outs of the program.  I have limited Photoshop experience from long ago, so that at least helped me navigate some of the basics, in particular that of managing layers. 

One thing I learned about was the power of scripting to make mass changes easy.  Take this for example from my process summary:

"For this lab I did a google search to find a symbol changing script.  I found one created by an Adobe user named Jet and it was linked on another user’s webpage.  I downloaded the script, selected the symbols I wanted to change, and then ran the script.  After the script was completed, I had to move the changed objects back to their appropriate sub-layers.  The file for the script was saved for later use."

My personal design preferences may not be the best.  I have never claimed to being artistically competent in any fashion.  To complicate things, being color blind doesn't help much.  So with that stated, I do welcome any suggestions that anyone cares to offer as a comment to this post.  

Below is a copy of the map I created for this module.  Hope you enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment