Thursday, October 12, 2017

Projections 2

This week has probably been one of the more frustrating thus far for the course.  However out of frustration comes learning through repetition as you have to go back and redo your work over and over again...lol

So working more with projections and defining projections for map files that are undefined, there is a key order for doing these actions or, as I learned, you mess things up.  My biggest mess up was importing the X/Y data for the STCM information.  I went straight to defining the information as the NAD 1983 (2011) projection.  Problem was is that this placed all the points off the coast of Louisiana and you had to set the scale to 1:1.5 to see all the points.  The key step I had missed was defining the STCM data in WGS 1984 and then projecting to the NAD 1983 (2011).  Doing this fixed the problem and I achieved the result below.


Next week...start working on the dreaded midterm lab...but Im ready for it...so I think.  

No comments:

Post a Comment